Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cinque Terre

Oh my GOODNESS! Words cannot describe how incredible Cinque Terre was! I was there a week and a half ago and I still can't get the visions out of my head! Everything is truly breathtaking. I had the best of my life with my roommates, all of 7 of us girls ;) The trip there wasn't such a joy, as we spent the day in Assisi with the our class and then took a midnight train that took 5 hours to get to Cinque Terre. Another downfall to our late night train was that we didn't have assigned seats and so we had to sit in the tiny little isle.....it was absolutely down right MISERABLE! but I knew we were heading somewhere splendid so we all kept a smile on our faces. None of us got any sleep on the train so we were beat! We arrived at one of the towns (Cinque Terre means 5 towns) at 4 AM, so we were hobos and laid out sheets and slept on the ground in a safe area for about two hours while a couple girls stayed up to make sure we were safe. We all watched the sunrise over a cliff, although I didn't enjoy as much as I probably should have because I'm not much of a morning person, especially when I only got 2 hours of sleep on concrete, hehe! Anyways, we made our way to our hostel, got breakfast, took a short nap and went to the beach for the day and did some shopping! At night we hiked up through the hills behind our hostel and found this amazing lookout point at this community space and just hung out together and talked. The next day was the BEST! We got up early, got fruit, and prepared ourself for our day of hiking. We hiked from town to town...it was absolutely amazzzzing. I honestly cannot describe how amazing it is, and words don't do it justice...

The town of Vernanza was probably my favorite of the 5, although they each have there own character. I would love to go back someday, I really enjoyed going with the girls...we had the best time together and hold a special bond together after that trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment